This is the second course in the Flagship 5-course online series "How to build proforma financial statements, model, value, and finance early-stage product startups."
You will receive $100 off if you register for all five courses. Other package options are also available.
PRIOR KNOWLEDGE OF ACCOUNTING IS REQUIRED.
This course offers:
- LIFETIME ACCESS to 2 hours of easy-to-understand MBA-level finance lectures;
- LIFETIME ACCESS to 130+ practice questions;
- AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD IMMEDIATELY: All PowerPoint and Excel materials; and
- THREE-MONTH ACCESS to corresponding live classes.
- WEEKLY ACCESS to virtual office hours every Thursday 12 pm - 1:30 pm EST.
What if you are confused?
Finance can be scary, but don’t worry - we are here to help you every step of the way. There are three levels of help we offer:
1. After enrollment, you will have access to a private Facebook group where you can interact with other students and ask questions. Victoria oversees the group and will help you if other students don’t know the answers.
2. You can also come to virtual office hours everyThursday 12 pm - 1:30 pm EST and ask Victoria questions live.
3. If you need support beyond the Facebook group and office hours, you can also ask Victoria questions by email.
Curriculum for Course # 2: Financial Modeling For Early-Stage Product Startups.
- Challenges in modeling early-stage software and service startups and how to overcome them
- How to model price and quantity;
- The Business Model Analysis Roadmap, a guide for analyzing business models;
- The framework for creating credible financial model assumptions.
- Introduction to eight business models for service and software startups;
- Assumptions and business scenarios for EIGHT DISTRIBUTION CHANNELS with Excel examples:
- Brick & mortar;
- Sales reps;
- Domestic distributors;
- International distributors;
- Big box retailers; and
- Joint ventures.
- Modeling Variable and Fixed Costs:
- Special section on Inventory and LIFO/FIFO Accounting;
- COGS; and
- Warehouse costs and supply chain.
Victoria Yampolsky, CFA, is President and Founder of The Startup Station, an educational and consulting company committed to help startups be successful and get funded faster. She focuses on creating detailed strategic roadmaps and converting them into credible financials and valuations for early-stage ventures. Specifically, she helps entrepreneurs correctly translate their business plan into a financial plan, evaluate the financial feasibility of different initiatives, credibly present their company to investors, and use their financial model to drive the business forward..She has worked with over 100 founders one-on-one and more than 1,000 founders have taken The Startup Station's courses to learn the basics of accounting, valuation, financial modeling, and startup financing.
Victoria is an advisor to DreaMe, Opkix, and Stringflix, as well as a founder of several ventures in media and entertainment. Previously, Victoria worked for Deutsche Bank and was a technology consultant with CapGemini's Financial Services Division. Victoria holds a Bachelor's Degree, Cum Laude, in Computer Science, with a minor in Mathematics, from Cornell University and an MBA, with honors, from Columbia Business School. Victoria is also on the Advisory Board of the Computing and Information Science (CIS) Department of Cornell University.