This is the first class in a five-course series "How to model, value, and finance early stage software and service startups."
You will receive $100 off if you register for all five classes. Other package options are also available.
No prior finance experience is required.
This class offers over 2 hours of MBA-level finance lectures and 100+ practice questions. All PowerPoint and Excel materials are available for download.
All PowerPoint and Excel materials are available for download immediately after purchase. Access to the video content and practice questions is restricted to 15 days. However, if you need access to the video content and/or practice questions for more time, you can repurchase the same class again.
For the duration of the course, you will have access to a private Facebook group where you can interact with other students and ask us questions.
In this class, you will learn:
1. What information is provided by financial models and how creating a financial model for your startup can help you create a better business from the start.
2. The income statement structure and all the relevant terminology. You will learn how to construct an income statement for an early stage software or service startup.
3. The balance sheet structure and all the relevant terminology. You will learn how to construct a balance sheet for an early stage software or service startup.
4. The cash flow statement structure and all the relevant terminology. You will learn how to construct a cash flow statement for an early stage software or service startup.
5. How to perform break-even analysis.
6. Key financial metrics and what you can learn from them.
Victoria Yampolsky, CFA, is the President of the Startup Station, a finance & strategy consultancy for early stage startups. She evaluates financial feasibility of business models and specializes in the financial modeling and valuation of pre-revenue companies. Since founding the Startup Station in 2013, she has advised companies across more than ten industries, ranging from technology, manufacturing, and consumer products to media, entertainment, and fashion.
She has also created a finance curriculum for early stage founders and launched the educational arm of the Startup Station in 2015. Since then, more than 1,000 founders have attended online and in-person finance classes and learned the basics of financial modeling, valuation, and startup financing.
Victoria is an advisor to DreaMe, Opkix, and Stringflix, as well as a founder of several ventures in media and entertainment. Previously, Victoria worked for the Deutsche Bank Research Department and performed IT consulting for CapGemini's Financial Services Division. Victoria holds a Bachelor's Degree, Cum Laude, in Computer Science, with minor in Mathematics, from Cornell University and an MBA, with honors, from Columbia Business School. Victoria is also on the Advisory Board of the CIS Department of Cornell University.