In this series you will learn everything you need to know in order to model, value, and finance an early stage software and service startup.
No prior finance experience required.
This series offers over 9 hours of MBA-level finance lectures, 500+ practice questions, and a complete downloadable functional financial model for a fictional startup with subscription and advertising revenue streams. All other PowerPoint and Excel materials are available for download as well.
If you buy this package, you get $100 off vs. buying each course individually.
All PowerPoint and Excel materials are available for download immediately after purchase. Access to the video content and practice questions is restricted to 30 days. However, if you need access to the video content and/or practice questions for more time, you can either repurchase the same package again, buy any other package with fewer classes, or buy any individual class.
The series covers:
1. The basics of accounting and financial analysis adapted to early stage software and service startups.
2. Modeling basics: How to formulate assumptions for seven business models that prevail in early stage software and service startups.
3. Main valuation concepts and eight quantitative and qualitative valuation models used to value early stage startups.
4. A comprehensive case study for an early stage software startup with the resulting financial model included.
5. Fundraising strategy and overview of financing vehicles: How to look for investors and how to choose the best financing vehicle for you.
Victoria Yampolsky, CFA, is the President of the Startup Station, a finance & strategy consultancy for early stage startups. She evaluates financial feasibility of business models and specializes in the financial modeling and valuation of pre-revenue companies. Since founding the Startup Station in 2013, she has advised companies across more than ten industries, ranging from technology, manufacturing, and consumer products to media, entertainment, and fashion.
She has also created a finance curriculum for early stage founders and launched the educational arm of the Startup Station in 2015. Since then, more than 1,000 founders have attended online and in-person finance classes and learned the basics of financial modeling, valuation, and startup financing.
Victoria is an advisor to DreaMe, Opkix, and Stringflix, as well as a founder of several ventures in media and entertainment. Previously, Victoria worked for the Deutsche Bank Research Department and performed IT consulting for CapGemini's Financial Services Division. Victoria holds a Bachelor's Degree, Cum Laude, in Computer Science, with minor in Mathematics, from Cornell University and an MBA, with honors, from Columbia Business School. Victoria is also on the Advisory Board of the CIS Department of Cornell University.