This is the fifth class in a five-course online series "How to model, value, and finance early stage software and service startups."
You will receive $100 off if you register for all five classes. Other package options are also available.
No prior finance experience is required.
This class offers over 2 hours of easy-to-understand MBA-level finance lectures and 100+ practice questions. All PowerPoint and Excel materials are available for download.
All PowerPoint and Excel materials are available for download immediately after purchase. You also have lifetime access to the video content and practice questions.
What if you are confused?
Finance can be scary, but don’t worry - we are here to help you every step of the way. There are two levels of help we offer:
1. For the first 30 days after enrollment, you will have access to a private Facebook group where you can interact with other students and ask questions. Victoria oversees the group and will help you if other students don’t know the answers.
2. If you need support beyond the Facebook group, you can also ask Victoria questions by email.
In this class you will learn fundraising strategy and overview of financing vehicles. We will discuss how to look for investors and how to choose the best financing vehicle for you.
Specifically, we will cover:
1. Which legal documents are required for equity financing? For more info on this topic, you can reach out to our expert partner Ekaterina Mouratova at [email protected]
2. Fundraising strategy - How to look for investors.
3. Who needs to join an accelerator and how to choose one?
4. Three main financing vehicles - Equity, SAFE (Simple Agreement for Future Equity) and Convertible debt.
We will cover how each vehicle works, how to choose one over another, and the pros and cons of each vehicle.
5. Anti-dilution, control, and information rights.
Victoria Yampolsky, CFA, is the President and Founder of the Startup Station, a comprehensive financial resource for early stage startups. She evaluates the financial feasibility of business models and specializes in the financial modeling and valuation of pre-revenue companies. Since founding the Startup Station in 2013, she has advised companies across more than ten industries, ranging from technology, manufacturing, and consumer products to media, entertainment, and fashion.
She has also created a finance curriculum for early stage founders and launched the educational arm of the Startup Station in 2015. Since then, more than 1,000 founders have attended her online and in-person finance classes and learned the basics of financial modeling, valuation, and startup financing.
Victoria is an advisor to DreaMe, Opkix, and Stringflix, as well as a founder of several ventures in media and entertainment. Previously, Victoria worked for the Deutsche Bank Research Department and performed IT consulting for CapGemini's Financial Services Division. Victoria holds a Bachelor's Degree, Cum Laude, in Computer Science, with a minor in Mathematics, from Cornell University and an MBA, with honors, from Columbia Business School. Victoria is also on the Advisory Board of the Computing and Information Science (CIS) Department of Cornell University.