This is the fifth course in our two Flagship 5-course series "How to build proforma financial statements, model, value, and finance early-stage software and service startups" and "How to build proforma financial statements, model, value, and finance early-stage product startups."
You will receive $100 off if you register for all five courses. Other package options are also available.
NO PRIOR KNOWLEDGE OF FINANCE IS REQUIRED.
This course offers:
- LIFETIME ACCESS to 2 hours of easy-to-understand MBA-level finance lectures;
- LIFETIME ACCESS to 120+ practice questions;
- AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD IMMEDIATELY: All PowerPoint and Excel materials; and
- THREE-MONTH ACCESS to corresponding live classes.
What if you are confused?
Support: LIFETIME ACCESS to a private Facebook group where you can interact with Victoria Yampolsky and other students.
Finance can be scary, but don’t worry - we are here to help you every step of the way. There are two levels of help we offer:
1. After enrollment, you will have access to a private Facebook group where you can interact with other students and ask questions. Victoria oversees the group and will help you if other students don’t know the answers.
2. If you need support beyond the Facebook group, you can also ask Victoria questions by email.
Curriculum for Course # 5: Fundraising Strategy and Financing Vehicles for Early-Stage Startups.
- How to look for investors;
- Which legal documents are required for an equity raise;
- How to evaluate accelerators;
- The structure of an Equity investment:
- Anti-dilution clauses,
- Preferred stock,
- Warrants, and
- Other clauses.
- The structure of a SAFE investment:
- How does it work?
- Conversion triggers: acquisition and the next round of financing; and
- Methods to determine an equity stake upon conversion: valuation cap and discount rate.
- The structure of a Convertible Debt investment:
- Similarities to and differences from a SAFE investment;
- Control and information rights; and
- Pros and cons of equity, SAFE and convertible debt.
Victoria Yampolsky, CFA, is President and Founder of The Startup Station, an educational and consulting company specializing in modeling and valuing early-stage ventures. Victoria helps early-stage founders master the necessary finance skills to evaluate the financial feasibility of their business models, translate them into comprehensive and actionable financial plans, and use those plans to gauge the effectiveness of their strategy. Since the launch of The Startup Station's educational program, more than 1,000 founders have completed the curriculum and learned the basics of financial modeling, valuation, and startup financing.
Victoria is an advisor to DreaMe, Opkix, and Stringflix, as well as a founder of several ventures in media and entertainment. Previously, Victoria worked for Deutsche Bank and was a technology consultant with CapGemini's Financial Services Division. Victoria holds a Bachelor's Degree, Cum Laude, in Computer Science, with a minor in Mathematics, from Cornell University and an MBA, with honors, from Columbia Business School. Victoria is also on the Advisory Board of the Computing and Information Science (CIS) Department of Cornell University.