This is the third course in our two Flagship 5-course series "How to build proforma financial statements, model, value, and finance early-stage software and service startups" and "How to build proforma financial statements, model, value, and finance early-stage product startups."
You will receive $100 off if you register for all five courses. Other package options are also available.
NO PRIOR KNOWLEDGE OF FINANCE IS REQUIRED.
This course offers:
- LIFETIME ACCESS to 1.5 hours of easy-to-understand MBA-level finance lectures;
- LIFETIME ACCESS to 75+ practice questions;
- AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD IMMEDIATELY: All PowerPoint and Excel materials; and
- THREE-MONTH ACCESS to corresponding live classes.
- WEEKLY ACCESS to virtual office hours every Thursday 12 pm - 1:30 pm EST.
What if you are confused?
Finance can be scary, but don’t worry - we are here to help you every step of the way. There are three levels of help we offer:
1. After enrollment, you will have access to a private Facebook group where you can interact with other students and ask questions. Victoria oversees the group and will help you if other students don’t know the answers.
2. You can also come to virtual office hours everyThursday 12 pm - 1:30 pm EST and ask Victoria questions live.
3. If you need support beyond the Facebook group and office hours, you can also ask Victoria questions by email.
Curriculum for Course # 3 Valuation Concepts and Valuation Models For Early-Stage Startups.
- Free Cash Flow;
- Investors’ Return (IRR); and
- Four methods for calculating Terminal Value.
- Two valuation approaches for valuing early-stage ventures;
- Three quantitative valuation models:
- Venture capital method,
- Discounted cash flow, and
- The Chicago method;
- Five qualitative valuation models:
- The Dave Berkus scorecard,
- Bill Payne’s scorecard methodology,
- The Risk Factor Summation Model,
- The Replacement /All-in Method,
- The Rule of Three; and
- How to create and maintain a cap table.
Victoria Yampolsky, CFA, is a serial entrepreneur and an experienced business & finance executive with extensive startup experience. She is the President and Founder of The Startup Station, an education and consulting company specializing in modeling and valuing early-stage ventures.
The Startup Station helps startups articulate their business case to investors from the financial point of view. We create a detailed strategic roadmap, a robust financial plan and a resulting valuation that outline business logic, drivers, financial goals, and key metrics for their company. The Startup Station has worked with over 100 startups across 15+ industries ranging from manufacturing to technology, consumer electronics, medical devices to fashion, media & entertainment, and has helped founders raise over $30M in startup capital.
Victoria has also developed a comprehensive seven-course finance curriculum geared to entrepreneurs of early-stage ventures with little to no knowledge of finance. To-date more than 1,000 founders have completed the courses and learned the basics of accounting, financial modeling, valuation, and startup financing.
Victoria is a speaker and an advisor to multiple startups as well as a founder of several ventures in media and entertainment. Previously, Victoria worked for Deutsche Bank and was a technology consultant with CapGemini's Financial Services Division.
Victoria holds a Bachelor's Degree, Cum Laude, in Computer Science, with a minor in Mathematics, from Cornell University and an MBA, with honors, from Columbia Business School. Victoria is also on the Advisory Board of the Computing and Information Science (CIS) Department of Cornell University.